BBWAX - FAQS
1. What kind of wax does BBWax use?
We only use the highest quality soft wax designed specifically for sensitive skin.
2. Can I get waxed if I am pregnant?
It is safe to wax during pregnancy, although it can be more sensitive for some women. We wax women up until 38 weeks of pregnancy.
3. Should I trim my hair?
No, please do not trim your hair. If trimming is necessary, your esthetician will take care of it.
4. How often should I get waxed?
We recommend making a wax appointment every 4-6 weeks.
5. Can I get waxed if I am on my period?
Yes, as long as you are wearing a tampon or diva cup, although you may be more sensitive at the beginning of your cycle.
6. Do you have any age restrictions on waxing?
Must be 18 years old or over to wax, if younger must have a parent or guardian present.
7. When should I start exfoliating?
Start an exfoliation routine two days after you get waxed to help prevent ingrown hairs.
8. Can I workout after getting a wax?
Try to avoid going to the gym post-wax for 48 hours; perspiration can irritate your skin.
9. What if I’m taking medications?
Taking antibiotics or topical acne medicines (including Accutane, Differin, Retin A, prednisone or corticosteroids) may make skin more sensitive and susceptible to some skin lifting.
10. What is the cancellation policy?
We require at least a 24-hour notice to cancel any appointment. A credit card number is needed to hold your reservation. Once an appointment is booked – unless we hear otherwise – we’ll expect you to be there. No-show and same-day cancellations will be charged 50% of the service booked to the card number with which they were held.